Coordinates domestic and international traffic and transportation, on
a company wide basis using knowledge of common carrier, postal
regulations, interstate commerce tariffs, freight forwarder
operations, export regulations and corporate policy to ensure the most
efficient and economical movement of goods and material by performing
the following duties.
· Responsible for routing and scheduling domestic carriers and
· Through coordination with warehouse supervisor, plans, schedules
and routes inbound and outbound shipments of freight.
· Prepares outbound carrier documentation
· Prepares commercial invoices and other export documents for
· Files all Outbound Documentation in accordance with internal and
U.S. Customs regulations (storage, maintenance and preservation).
· Utilizes the SAP database; to review information contained within
the sales order and delivery note that applies to Outbound Logistics
operations. Able to act on that information as necessary. Able to
discern missing information.
· Utilizes the SAP database; to perform transactions and print
documentation as required. Adds carrier and tracking information.
· Packaging and crating of outbound shipments.
· Schedule packaging suppliers, including crate manufacturers, for
· Ability to meet with carrier representatives to review carrier
rates, charges, damages and performance (on-time % and damage free %).
· Studies and analyzes company transportation needs for long-range
requirements. Meets with potential carriers gathering pricing and
service information and report findings to Management.
· Acts as liaison to other personnel providing information needed in
a timely, consistent and logical manner.