Founded in 1925, Festo Corporation is the leading worldwide supplier
of automation technology and the performance leader in industrial
training and education programs. For many years Festo has been
providing impetus for factory automation and offers a wide product and
service portfolio – from individual components to complex customized
solutions and system. As a family-owned company, we act from a
holistic perspective. We take responsibility for our actions globally
and locally, we want to contribute to the quality of life and
conservation of resources where we operate with new technologies,
knowledge and education.
At Festo, we hire people who continuously live our five core Values:
- We are Ambitious
- We are Determined
- We are Visionary
- We Value Each Other
- We are Dependable
Summary of job contents:
Under the direction of the Distribution Development Manager, the
Distributor Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the
sales efforts, processes and growth of the Distributors. Establish
regular communication efforts and maintain sales processes, to attain
consistency and positive results.
- Follow prescribed corporate, sales channel and BSC strategies
established for the profitable growth and development of the
distribution sales channel.
- Under direction of the District Sales Manager or Industry Segment
Manager and Sales Engineers (when necessary) the Distributor
Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the processes
approved by the Director of Field Sales, which lead to the target
achievement of the sales channel.
- Provide performance analysis on assigned distributors
- Assist Field Sales Director with developing objectives and/or policies
- Actively participate alongside the Manager - Distribution Channel
Support in the preparation and presentation of information at Festo
Corporation and National Distributor Meetings
- Help Coordinate Distributor Council meetings and follow up on
- Ensure the educational development of assigned distributors by
requesting on behalf the necessary training programs.
- Assist the Manager - Distribution Channel Support to
develop/coordinate marketing activities related to Distribution
- Draft monthly sales reports for District Sales Manager or Industry
Segment Manager ‘review and approval.
- Assist in the development/coordination of sales processes and
finance/operational procedures to increase efficiencies at both
Festo and distributors
- Assist in the development and coordination of operational
procedures to increase company’s market intelligence. This
includes, but is not limited to, POS data, sales/buying structure of
distributors, dealers and ultimately the final customer.
- Excellent hands on knowledge of SFA and its capabilities in order
to utilize and transfer knowledge
- Manage sales campaigns at assigned distributors to achieve
corporate/sales goals of company
- Submit Balanced Scorecard update on quarterly basis to the
District Sales Manager
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Area of Responsibility