Cuts and machines rods and barrels for use in the assembly of full
range of pneumatic cylinders. Operates conventional machine tools, CNC
lathes, Mills and various specialty machinery, i.e. tube cutter, tube
deburrer, tube polisher, rod saw, flat press and roller burnishing
machine. Sets up and operates both conventional and CNC machines in
order to produce parts required for standard cylinder lines as well as
special application components and tooling.
• Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type
tube or profile from stock rack and sets up required machine
accordingly. Cuts material and checks dimensions to ensure
• Machines piston rods on CNC lathes.
• Sets up
and operates conventional machine tools such as: milling machine,
lathe and surface grinder.
• Machines both rush production and
prototype special applications components to critical blueprint
tolerances, sketches or verbal instructions.
• Confers with
Manufacturing Engineer for approval on all prototype runs.
Verifies conformance of all components to specifications.
various types of roller burnishing machines to finish piston
• Deburrs tubes and profiles and polishes as
• Washes rods/tubes or profile in cleaning solution to
prepare for assembly.
• Assist in rush assembly of cylinders by
using various hand tools, assembly fixtures, adhesives and
• Using specialty machinery fastens end caps on
• Tests cylinders using water bath or waterless test
station to detect leaks and insure proper operation.
• Cleans and labels cylinder and attaches applicable hardware.
• Attaches proper paperwork to cylinder and routes cylinder to
• Methodize machine setups to produce conforming
parts/tooling per approved engineering drawings.
• Repairs or
discards defective cylinders as required.
• Maintains clean work
• Management reserves the right to add/delete tasks
to this position at any time.
• Organize, clean and maintain
production facilities and equipment to maintain and improve per 5S
• Travel may be required by any mode of
transportation as determined by company for business reasons such as,
but not limited to, skill development, training or a company business
event. This would include travel to Corporate Headquarters/Regional