Purpose / Mission
Summarizing the main objectives of the Position:
Responsible for coordinating projects, communicating clearly to internal and external project managers, maintaining project related data including life cycle, MRP, and supply plan data and parameters, and interacting cross functionally at all levels of the business.
Impact on Business: (i.e. business contribution, nature and scope of responsibility, risk and financial management, strategic/tactical/operative responsibility)
Maintains a strong influence over master data standards via a detailed understanding of the logic and parameters in the material master in relation to strategies for inventory, sourcing, forecasting, maintenance of service levels, accounting/costing, lead times, consumption-based planning, etc.
- Directly supports the New Product Introduction Lead and has a strong influence over projects and our clients’ experience
Plays a central role in supporting select projects (Custom Solutions, Series, Life-Cycle, Large Order Management, etc.) as a shared project manager with end-to-end responsibilities
Owns the make/buy decision within the Mason facility for new and existing projects/products
- Responsibilities include:
- Supporting Global Supply Chain master data via new item set-up and maintenance of project related parameters
- Ensuring project documentation is maintained accurately and efficiently across all systems
- Providing guidance to other departments regarding project related documentation, processes and data
- Maintaining work procedures pertaining to all aspects and scope of project management and assisting in driving an overall successful solution through team work
- Ensure stock availability and organize/accommodate customer-specific logistics processes
- Execution, examination, and mitigation of supply chain risk analysis to include:
- Costs management
- Sourcing alternatives
- Prioritization of projects/orders
- Capacity and advance procurement considerations
Communication with internal and/or external Customers, Suppliers & 3rd Parties:
- Communicates with Management and partners of departments such as Compliance, Sales, Order Management, Finance, HR, etc.
People Leadership: (i.e. management, motivation and development of staff as well as teamwork)