Festo is a leading world-wide supplier of automation technology and equipment and solution provider for industrial and technical education. As a globally-oriented and independent family company with its headquarters in Esslingen, Germany, it has become the performance leader in its industry over the last 50 years, thanks to its innovations and problem-solving competence in all aspects of pneumatics as well as its unique range of technical training and education programs.
Festo Didactic Inc. is a part of the Festo Group.
Festo Didactic Inc. is the world-leading provider of equipment and solutions for technical education.
We design and implement learning centers and laboratories, educational equipment and programs that train people to perform in highly dynamic and complex environments. Our goal is to maximize learning success in educational institutions and industrial companies around the globe.
Position: Engineering Intern (3)
Organization: Location: Eatontown, NJ
Department: Solution Center
Start Date: ASAP
Time Requirements.: 15-20 hours/week
Major(s) Requested: Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
GPA desired: Min. 3.0
The Engineering Intern will support Solution Center various aspects of the customized solutions from entry-level mechatronics through Cyber Physical Systems, enabling the intern to develop the right skills and to acquire the knowledge relevant to Industry 4.0.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include assembling different components or parts of semi-finished or finished Solution Center (SC) products. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, Solution Center, North America
- Assist in programming and integration of highly complex products, robot arms etc.
- Assist in integrating and troubleshooting highly complex industrial automation and mechatronics systems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To study, read, and understand the schematic diagrams, blueprints, product manuals, process documents, and gather information regarding its parts, fixtures, tools, etc.
- To assist in PLC Programming, Robot Programming etc.
- Experience with AutoCad, Illustrator and 3D Modeling is helpful
- To contribute in fitting, building, or reconstruction of various parts to ensure smooth process of component merging.
- To perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure that the product is formed in accordance with the specifications.